Onset Time: 1-2 Hours
Duration: 6-8 Hours
Start low and go slow. You may not feel the effects of an edible at first because of the long onset time. Wait at least 3 hours before altering or increasing the dose.
How to Use:
- Talk with your QMP or a PMP to get a recommended starting dose.
- Always start on low doses and slowly increase doses.
- After consuming the edible, wait about 3 hours to see the full effect of that dose before adjusting or increasing the dose.
- Depending on if you ingest cannabis with a full or empty stomach, it may affect the rate of onset and the effects felt.
- There is a deeper effect that accompanies the longer duration.
- Dosing is discreet with no odor or devices.
- Dosing can be taken in advance.
- When metabolized it may become more potent and may allow patients to feel relief with lower doses.
- There is a longer onset making it easy for patients to “over-do it”.
- Adjusting consumption levels may take time to find the perfect dose for each patient
- Most edibles look like candy and care must be taken to keep them away from children and animals.
- Because edibles are metabolized by the liver, there is a higher chance of interactions with other medications.